Language of the Universe

Somewhere in another universe,
You’re dreaming that I dream of you.
Just hold me in your thoughts,
You know that I will do the same.
We find each other across infinity:
Just by dividing ourselves by zero.
Ours is the language of the universe,
One each of us can understand.
It’s all we are that binds us
To what we share in common.
We’re the only to whom we can pray:
For our thoughts reach beyond all.
I’m only certain that you are there,
Even if we only meet in dreams.
I may never live to truly see you:
Knowing you exist must be enough.
I can find you but in mathematics,
It’s all I may ever learn of you.
But however I dream of you is real:
All must exist if existence never ends.
Why should I only dream in fiction?
You’re there to suspend my disbelief.
What need to hear me wish you well,
If you know I can do nothing else?
Waves reach across the oceans,
Between your shore and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment